If you have spilled your soda, water, coffee, tea, wine, milk or juice on your laptop, things can happen. Follow the steps below to save your laptop from damage by a liquid.
Turn the laptop off. Immediately remove the AC adapter and the battery. If the liquid touches the circuits on the laptop, then it will short out.
Unplug all peripherals such as mice and wireless cards.
Turn it upside down immediately. The liquid will stop going deeper into the laptop.
Clean the spilled liquid. Use a lint-free paper towel or cloth to clean.
Examine the keyboard. Some laptops have spill-resistant keyboards.
- Pour out the liquid contained in the keyboard enclosure.
- Remove and clean an easily removable keyboard.
Clean the sticky residue. The screen, the keyboard and the buttons may be dirty. Use a lint-free cloth that is clean and slightly wet.
Insulate yourself from static discharge. Static electricity can damage any computer. Learn how to ground yourself to avoid destroying a computer with electrostatic discharge.
- Leave the laptop to dry for over 24 hours in a warm room, if the laptop still doesn’t power on then it will need to be brought into the workshop for repair, you can call Laptop Repair Hut Ltd on 01204 895960